1869 München – 1957 Holzhausen
After an apprenticeship as a chaser at the Munich School of Applied Arts in 1894/95, Vierthaler studied sculpture at the Munich Academy from 1895 to 1900. Regular participation in exhibitions at the Munich Glaspalast and solo exhibitions at the Modern Art Shop of Franz J. Brakl brought him soon national fame. He was particularly popular because of his small bronzes, most of which he made himself. The typical Munich Art Nouveau feeling for movement and elegant line dominates the expression of his works.